I think we all can relate to the feeling of having some cravings at about 4 o’clock in the afternoon, where we may grab whatever snack food is around.. So how great would it be to combine your love for Snickers with a healthy alternative called: homemade healthy raw snickers balls? Great right? Scroll down to see how easy and fast you can make that dream come true!
For these snickers balls I used peanuts as well as peanut butter. As a PB lover I like to add this to many of my snacks, because it just gives it a more smooth texture and lovely flavouring! Make sure with peanut butter that it’s made of 100% peanuts. It’s really not necessary for it to have additives like oil and salt. This recipe is pure raw goodness, and also vegan and gluten free!
These small bites have the perfect ratio of sweet and savory!
The taste of these raw snickers balls is alike with the real snickers, just without the unhealthy stuff in it! Who says you can’t have best of both worlds? 😉 It’s a simple recipe with only 5 ingredients (which you may already have lying there in your kitchen cabinets) so go try them out ASAP!
– 2 tbsp. peanut butter
– 12 unpitted medjoul dates
– 100 g peanuts
– 2 tbsp. raw cacao
– pinch of salt
- Energy: 131,5 kcal
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 11,5 g
- Fat: 8,5 g
- Fiber: 2,8 g
- Grab a bowl and put in the dates. Fill with water and make sure the dates are covered, and let them soak for a moment.
- Meanwhile put the peanuts in the blender or food processor until you have tiny pieces (if you don’t have a kitchen blending machine, you can also use a sharp knife for this). Set the pieces of peanut aside in a new bowl.
- Take the soaked dates and add them to your blender to also make small pieces from it. Add to the peanuts with the peanut butter, cacao and pinch of salt as well, and mix to a whole.
- Make about 14 little balls from the mixture with your hands and place in the fridge so they will get less sticky.
- Enjoy your homemade raw snickers balls for a quick, tasty and nutritious snack!
Klinkt erg lekker. Hoeveel van dit soort balletjes eet je op zo’n 4-uur moment?