Shake up your wake up! A glass of lukewarm lemon water in the morning contains so many health benefits. It’s very easy to add to your diet and after reading this article you definitely want to change your morning routine, girls!
In 1 lemon you find a package of nutrients (vitamin B, C, iron, magnesium and potassium) and fiber. First thing in the morning you I prefer to squeeze half a lemon’s worth into 1 glass of water and drink it. After that I wait for 15-25 minutes before I start eating my breakfast. Because of the damage lemon juice can give on the enamel of your teeth, it’s recommended to drink it with lukewarm water or drink it with a straw – I prefer the straw! 😉
Why should I incorporate lemon water into my diet?
1. It gives your immune system a boost (most effective way to fight and diminish viral infections)
2. It’s detoxifying for your system
3. Freshens your breath
4. Keeps your skin clear (fights the blemish and wrinkles)
5. Helps you lose weight – wait, what?! Yes, it fights hunger cravings.
6. Give you an energy boost – and supports the reduction of depression and anxiety!
Diet-friendly low-carb quarkbread with cranberries