A lot of girls whom are watching their carbohydrate consumption for their health, are eliminating bread. Sounds familiar? Last weekend I made a super diet-friendly low-carb quarkbread with dried cranberries, raisins and inca berries and it’s a surprisingly good substitute for real bread! If you’re a bread lover, you should absolutely bake this one!These” feeling-like-fall weekends” make me wanna stay inside and get the cooking started. After baking this healthy low-carb quarkbread with cranberries I couldn’t wait to share this recipe, so I crawled back into my cozy bed – with all my pillows on the side and pajamas still on – to open my laptop and start writing. It’s easy to serve a loaf of quarkbread naturel, but you can also add some low-fat quark, honey, cinnamon or banana as a topping.
You can also change the filling of your quarkbread to taste! I love the sweet flavor of raisins, dried cranberries and inca berries, but be creative and try whatever is in your fit girl’s kitchen.
– 250 gr. spelt flour
– 250 gr. low-fat quark / 0% fat greek yoghurt
– 1 egg
– 1,5 tbspn baking powder
– 75 gr. raisins
– 50 gr. dried cranberries
– 50 gr. inca berries
– 2 tspn cinnamon powder
– 2 tbspn honey
- Energy: 105,3 kcal
- Protein: 4,8 g
- Carbs: 20,9 g
- Fat: 1,2 g
- Fiber: 2,4 g
1. Pre-heat the oven on 220 degrees.
2. Use coconut oil to grease your cake tin. If you don’t have that, simply use baking paper to cover the tin.
3. Grab a bowl and add the spelt flour, baking powder and the cinnamon. Mix these ingredients with a spoon.
4. Add the low-fat quark, egg, honey to the mixture and mix with a blender.
5. Finally add the raisins, dried cranberries and inca berries and mix again until smooth
6. Pour the mixture into the tin and place it in the oven for 35 min.
TIP: Always look in between if the top isn’t getting too dark. To prevent your quarkbread from burning on top, cover the cake with silver foil.
7. Ready! Let your quarkbread cool down, then cut into slices and serve it with a topping to taste.
Secret revealed: why NOT to diet during the holidays