Is breakfast your favorite meal of the day too? It is actually quite important to vary in this and not start with the same each day. I know a lot of people have their standard breakfast habits, but this isn’t most optimal. We need to give our body all kinds of different nutrients and this is best done when you keep varying in what you’re taking in, including mornings.
Personally I really enjoy to have a different breakfast each day of the week, and I can even look forward to it the night before (YES – really!). Porridge is a great way to experiment with in taste and texture. For this recipe I made a combination of quinoa and oats, which are both filled with great benefits for our bodies. One thing I find fitting perfectly with this is cinnamon. This spice really brings up all the flavors and works as an antioxidant. It is also known for the regulation of blood sugar levels; thus very beneficial for your health! I always have cinnamon powder in my kitchen cabinet, as it is a great flavoring in all sorts of recipes.
Combine the cinnamon quinoa porridge with some mango and you will definitely be getting summer feelings with this exotic tasting breakfast. Of course you can also make this recipe for lunch or as a filling post-workout meal. Give it a try and find your personal favorite porridge combo! And.. please share it with me toooo 🙂
Enjoy your morning with your creamy cinnamon quinoa porridge, girls!
-75 g quinoa
-25 g (porridge) oatsr
-250 ml milk by choice (soy, coconut, unsweetened almond, etc.)
-1 tsp. cinnamon powder
-topping by choice! I chose pecans and shredded coconut
- Energy: 364 kcal
- Protein: 26,3 g
- Carbs: 26,5 g
- Fat: 17,5 g
- Fiber: 3,8 g
- Take a small cooking pan and add the quinoa, oats and milk.
- Bring to boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes while you need to be stirring regularly. Make sure to not forget to stir, because this is important to get good quality porridge.
- Do you like it extra creamy (I DO!)? Then add a little extra milk and give it another 4 minutes on low fire.
- Lastly add the tablespoon of cinnamon to the pan. Terrarium Stir well once more and pour the cinnamon quinoa porridge in a jar or bowl.
- Now the toppings! I love love love the combination of fresh mango with some maple syrup, shredded coconut and crumbled pecans, but there are many ways to top it with.
TIP: cinnamon tastes amazing with apple or banana too, so don’t hesitate to vary!