It’s time for a recipe for one of my favorite dishes to eat: sushi!! Sushi is not only super tasty but also quite healthy and ideal to variate with. I like it homemade, crave worthy and diet-friendly. This veggie sushi recipe ticks all the boxes, is made with pure healthy ingredients and super delicious for every sushi lover.
When I’m having a day where I really don’t feel like cooking, sushi is my first choice to order in. And when me and my friends go out to an all-you-can-eat sushi place, I make sure to eat all I can 😉 Yes, that is how much I love sushi – who’s with me?
I’m not making art, I’m making sushi.
I used to be a little scared making my own sushi, because it seems like so much work and hard to get picture perfect. But it’s not that hard at all, plus who cares if it isn’t perfect, as long as it tastes delicious! This veggie sushi is vegan, with all tasty colorful veggies instead of fish. I know not everyone is into the raw fish within sushi, so this is a very nice alternative! And I’m sure that fish-sushi-lovers will appreciate this recipe as well 🙂 To make it even more Foodie-ness proof I use brown rice instead of regular sushi rice. This will give a more full feeling and it has a better nutritional value. You can never go wrong with sushi, so go and give it a try!
– 4 nori sheets
– 300 g brown rice
– 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
– 1/2 mango
– 2/3 cucumber
– 1/2 avocado
– 20 gram red cabbage
– 1 bell pepper
– Soy sauce
MACRONUTRIENTS (PER ROLL)
- Energy : 166 kcal
- Carbs: 31,3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 3,7 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Cook the rice as indicated on the package.
- Meanwhile cut the mango, cucumber, avocado, cabbage and bell pepper in long thin strips.
- When the rice is done, add the rice vinegar and let cool down.
- Place the nori sheet with the plane side down and cover the sheet with the rice. Note: it works easier when you use a bamboo sushi mat!
- Put all veggies in a horizontal row at the beginning of the sheet and start rolling.
- Cut the roll into small rolls of about 4 cm thick. Serve with soy sauce and enjoy!
Hot & sour: easy and super flavorful Asian veggie soup
Diet-friendly low-carb quarkbread with cranberries