We’re counting down to Christmas and probably most of us start worrying by now about the cooking stress that comes with it. We tend to make the most impressive dishes, making it ourselves unnecessary difficult. Still looking for a starter recipe? A beetroot carpaccio will be highly impressive and no-stress to make 😉
Making a festive dish doesn’t have to be frustrating or hard. With just a few handlings you can make a healthy and tasteful dish that will wow all your dining companions! Unlike it may seem, this beetroot carpaccio is a 100% vegan recipe. Where carpaccio is actually a meet dish, this one is made from veggies but looking similar to the classic. It might sound a bit weird, but you just have to try it out before judging. It is so good!
In this season we tend to eat a lot (at least I do!) which usually involves more meat than normal. It can be a good choice to substitute some of this for veggies.
“It’s good to make vegetables a large part of your food intake to balance the higher food intake with”
This beetroot carpaccio recipe is for two portions, but it’s easy to multiply it when you’ll be making it for more people. This is an easy one, though it’s always a good idea to try out a new recipe first before the real Christmas dinner to make sure all goes well 😉
That’s all to get yourself a Christmas menu worthy appetizer. Fast and easy, leaving you enough time to enjoy all the food and festivities 🙂 Merry Christmas!
-250 g (1/2 package) organic precooked beetroot
-handful of rocket salad
-handful of walnuts or pecans
-2 tbsp. cranberries
-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Energy: 757,7 kcal
- Protein: 9,9 g
- Carbs: 83,0 g
- Fat: 47,5 g
- Fiber: 13,9 g
- Take the beetroot out of the package and wash them off shortly. Remove dark spots if present.
- Take a cutting board and cut the beets in as thin as possible slices with a slicer or sharp knife.
- Divide the beet slices over two plates, overlapping slightly.
- Cut the apple into tiny cubes and the radishes into thin slices and spread on top of the beetroot.
- Crumble the walnuts with your hands into smaller pieces and divide with the rocket salad and cranberries over the beets as well.
- Make a dressing from the oil, vinegar, honey and cinnamon and drizzle over the dishes.