Wouldn’t it be great if there was a healthy alternative for cake? I would say YES! and that turned out to be my latest mission: transforming the original cake recipe into a diet-friendly cake that still tastes amazing! If you’re a sweet tooth lover trying to live a healthy lifestyle, this recipe is a must-try. With a minimum of ingredients you can simply satisfy your sweet cravings, smart.
We all know that typical cake recipe – you can also call it a butter cake – is often loaded with a lot of sugar and counts many calories. In today’s recipe I show you how to make the same cake with healthier substitutions. I rather snack smart with skinny ingredients and clean food. Last Tuesday was again a rainy and autumn-like day, so it was the perfect opportunity to make it a “Baking day”. Though my tummy really wanted to eat the whole cake at once (it was rumbling!!), I stood strong and treated myself on a loaf in the days after. I love how you can vary the taste with different toppings. For example, serve this low-calorie cake with low fat quark, honey or peanut butter. Now that’s a treat!
No more waiting till the next birthday to eat cake, because this cake recipe is for life!
– 400 gr. smart cake mix
– 60 gr. cocos oil
– 4 eggs
– 40 ml water
– 250 gr. low-fat quark
– Optional: 4 tbspn honey
- Energy: 94,4 kcal
- Protein: 6,4 g
- Carbs: 2,7 g
- Fat: 6,3 g
- Fiber: 0,3 g
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Use a small pan to heat the cocos oil (optional honey) until melted.
3. Add the cocos oil mixture, smart cake mix, eggs, water and low-fat quark to a blender and mix well until smooth.
4. Lightly grease a cake tin with coconut oil and divide the cake mixture into an oiled cake mold.
5. Bake the cake for 70 minutes until it has that beautiful golden brown look 🙂
6. Ping! Let your low-calorie cake cool down for 5 minutes in the cake tin before placing it on wire rack to cool down completely.
Let me know in the comment section below if you liked it and feel free to share a picture of your @foodie_ness homemade healthy & low-calorie cake and tag me on Instagram of Facebook with hashtag #foodie_ness. It might be featured on the next Foodie-ness newsletter issue!
Cinnamon quinoa porridge with exotic mango topping