If you ask any Dutchie what Mexican food they know, chances are 99% they’ll say tacos and tortillas! These are quite popular here and I’m very much into that as well! That’s why I definitely need to share this recipe for vegetarian tacos (a la Carolina!) with lots of color, flavor and healthy nutrients.
A taco is actually a folded tortilla with all sorts of stuffing and you can have them in a hard or soft variant. You may know taco’s from the store mix packages but that is nothing like making it on your own! Only yummy wholesome ingredients are used for this recipe and I’m sure you will enjoy it too 🙂 With herbs you can bring it to taste just how you like it.
I love how you can mix and match this with lots of tasty ingredients!
Personally I think this dish works very well in a vegetarian one rather than one with meat. For this vegetarian tacos of course black beans can’t miss out in this. Those are quite traditional for being used in tacos and tortillas because this just works out very well. And beans are a great replacement of meat to get in your protein and fiber at the same time!
Also, I like my dishes to be a bit spicy. Not too much but just enough to give it a little more power 😉 For this recipe I’ve used a jalapeno which is a mild chili pepper. The red ones are a lot sharper then the green ones, but you can always remove the seeds to make it a bit milder. Anyhow, just give it a try and adjust it to just how you enjoy it!
– 4 mini tortillas
– 1 avocado
– 1 mango
– 1/2 onion
– 1 jalapeno
– 50 grams red cabbage
– 100 gram cooked black beans
– 50 grams feta
– Pepper and salt to taste
– Lime juice
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SERVING
Energy: 214 kcal
Carbs: 31 g
Protein: 6,3 g
Fat: 8,8 g
Fiber: 7,6 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Warm up the tortilla’s in the oven. You may also use a frying pan for instead of the oven.
- Cut the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno and cabbage into small pieces and lay aside.
- Put the black beans in a colander and rinse with water. Let it drain for a moment.
- Next add the cut onion, coriander, pepper and salt to the black beans and mix together.
- Take the tortillas from the oven (or pan) and fill with the bean mixture, avocado, mango, red cabbage, jalapeno and crumbled feta.
- Squeeze some lime juice over your taco and add some more coriander to taste. Enjoy your Mexican dish!
Your body type and the perfect way to eat and train