Yippee-ya-yay! Let’s get into the Christmas spirit and feel more festive with my favorite 3-course Foodie-ness Christmas menu! Christmas is a wonderful and cosy celebratory time of the year, but let’s be honest: there’s no end of indulgences during this period. It’s all about balance and therefore I’m sharing my favorite healthy festive recipes – 100% Christmas proof.
Whatever festive feast you’re throwing this year, food will be key. To avoid indulging in everything, it’s wise to cook with healthy foods or at least add them to your meals. It’s easy to serve a healthy and festive 3-course Christmas menu that’s delicious and still associated with what’s traditionally eaten. However, you might need some inspiration? Well, that’s where I come in! I promise you a healthy and merry Christmas with below festive yet foolproof holiday dishes 🙂
Healthy, easy and elegant 3-course Christmas menu with diet-friendly festive drinks:
1. Entree: creamy garlic zucchini soup
Find the recipe here.
2. Main: fish and veggies in foil packets
– Fish fillets (skinless)
– Olive oil
– Baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Grab a sheet of foil and make sure it’s large enough to completely enclose the fish & veggie portion.
3. Lay a piece of fish (salmon is my favorite!!) on the sheet of foil and add chopped vegetables or seasonings. I used the Holy Flavor seasonings: pepper, garlic & herbs and a little flaming’ spicy. Finally add some olive oil on top.
4. Wrap the foil around your fish-veggie and make sure you seal it completely closed by crimping the edges together.
5. Grab a baking sheet and place your foil packet.
6. Place the fish-veggie foil packet in the oven for at least 20 min, but you can take up to 30 min if you like that.
NOTE: cooking times vary by the type and size of your fish.
7. Ready! Serve the foil packet on a plate and open the foil packet carefully.
- Energy: 289,7 kcal
- Protein: 11 g
- Carbs: 29,7 g
- Fat: 15,2 g
- Fiber: 5,7 g
3. Dessert: festive bliss balls
– vanilla extract
2. Roll mixture into balls (around 20 balls). Place balls onto a plate and cool in the fridge while preparing the decoration.
3. To decorate: Spoon a dollop of 0% fat yogurt + vanilla extract on top of each bliss ball. Top with a pomegranate kernel and mint leaf. Enjoy!
- Energy: 61,3 kcal
- Protein: 1,5 g
- Carbs: 8,4 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Fiber: 1,3 g
Drinks: colorful calorie-free infused water bottles
Find the recipe here.
What are your plans with Christmas this year? Who’s cooking and who’s not? Tell me what’s on your menu! 🙂
The nutritional value of seasonings is key to pimp your clean meals! I always use the pure seasonings from Holy Flavor as they are healthy, unique and delicious. Many seasonings available on the market are stuffed with chemicals, fillers, preservatives and high-salt. Holy Flavor is free from all this crap, low-salt and thus will benefit your health.
Have a healthy pizza party with zucchini pizza bites