Happy ice pop day! Summer, sunshine and warm weather ask for healthy homemade choco-banana ice pops! Today I want to show you how you can easily make yourself some non-guilt ice pops, with no sugar added. If you ask me, there’s nothing better than a fresh, cool and creamy ice pop during summertime!
Healthy and fruity ice pops is totally worth trying! Today’s recipe for healthy choco-banana ice pops will help you to cool down on a hot summer day. It’s actually quite simple girls! Basically all you need is water, fruit and happiness, all rolled into one tasty ice pop. For these choco-bananan babies, I have chosen to add some low-fat yoghurt because I’m a big fan of frozen yoghurt! And chocolate! YUM! So they’re chocolate-covered with some cacao nips as a topping.
You should not limit yourself to just bananas. It’s the best season to make ice pops with whatever looks juicy, fresh and ripe at the fruit market. Strawberries, watermelons, mangoes, kiwis..go crazy!
I prefer to have a batch of healthy ice pops in my freezer, so you can serve a fruity choco-banana ice pop for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert at anytime!
-500 gr. low-fat yoghurt
– 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
-1 tbspn coconot oil
-1 tbspn maple syrup
-Raw cacao nibs
-Material: popsicles molds
- Energy: 291,8 kcal
- Protein: 12,3 g
- Carbs: 41,5 g
- Fat: 12,3 g
- Fiber: 7,7 g
1. Combine the bananas (cut into small pieces), low-fat yoghurt and optional honey in a blender and mix until smooth. Make sure the fruit is pureed.
2. Now fill popsicles molds with the banana-yoghurt mixture. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. To remove, you should run hot water over the outside of the mold until you can easily pull the popsicle out.
4. Place (melted) coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl and mix them. Add the raw cacao powder and stir until the chocolate mixture is smooth.
5. Dip your banana ice pop in the chocolate mixture and add some raw cacao nibs on top.
Serve and enjoy sweeties!