The sun is out and here to stay! We’re having the best summer weather in Holland right now and I’m loving it! These tropical temperatures ask for a little cooling down as well though. Yes, some lovely gelato works very well for that, but I’ve got another attractive option for you!
“My passion fruit panna cotta is the best skinny treat to help you cool off and enjoy to the fullest.”
This recipe is so perfect for summer season that you have to try it out ASAP! Coconut milk and passion fruit just scream tropical summer vibes to me. That’s why I’m so excited to use these ingredients now. Traditional panna cotta is made with cream, which is super tasty, but I wanted to make one that is more bikini body proof 🙂 That worked out well, because this turned out a low-carb recipe!
Passion fruit isn’t super popular around here and I think it’s underrated. The fruit comes from the passion flower and contains yellow pulp with seeds. It isn’t like other fruit, you won’t get a lot out of one piece, but it’s definitely worth adding to your dishes. The fresh taste of this passion fruit panna cotta is great to have for dessert, or just when you feel like healthy snacking! Find a moment where it’s too hot to get outside anyways to make this delicious treat 😉
– 150 ml coconut milk light
– 300 ml almond milk
– 4 sheets of gelatin
– 4 passion fruits
– 1 tbsp. agave syrup
– ½ tsp. vanilla extract
MACRONUTRIENTS PER PORTION
Energy: 116,4 kcal
Carbs: 11,8 g
Protein: 7,0 g
Fat: 3,9 g
Fiber: 2,2 g
- Grab a bowl, fill with cold water and soak the gelatin sheets in it for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile grab a pan and add the coconut and almond milk. Also add the pulp of 2 passion fruits and mix together. Put the pan on the stove and heat it up.
- After a few minutes add the gelatin sheets. Make sure the mixture doesn’t gets to boil!
- Stir the gelatin through the mixture until it’s dissolved completely.
- Next take the mixture from the stove and add the agave syrup and vanilla extract.
- Put the mixture in 3 wide short glasses and put in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- When waiting time is over, take the glasses from the fridge and use the remaining passion fruits as topping, or add your own favorite topping to it!