Veggies and cake may seem like an unattractive duo, but it can be a match made in heaven! Whoever says that those two can’t go together needs to check again. Carrot cake is the perfect example of this great combo. Using the right ingredients you can make a treat that is super yummy and contributes to a healthy lifestyle as well! With this no-bake recipe for carrot cake bites you can’t go wrong 🙂
Carrots contain lots of beneficial nutrients, like vitamin A which is good for eyes and skin.
In case of carrot cake you could say it’s actually snacking for your health haha! Carrot cake has always been one of my favorite cakes to have. When that yummy sweetness is on a menu to choose from it always makes me excited! I love to make carrot cake by myself as well, because of the variation that you can put into it. For these carrot cake bites I decided to go for a raw version. This means the texture will be different, but still with awesome taste. The bites are vegan with a lovely topping that gives the perfect finishing touch to it.
So a no-bake recipe that is super easy to make, healthy and with all lovely flavors – what more could we want? 😉
– 60 g almonds
– 60 g walnuts
– 120 g pitted dates
– 100 g grated carrots
– 30 g grated coconut
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
– 60 g cashews
– 80 ml light coconut milk
– 2 to 3 tbsp. agave syrup
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
– Zest of 1 orange
– Pinch of salt
– Optional: some walnuts and grated carrots to garnish
MACRONUTRIENTS (PER PIECE)
- Energy : 115,7 kcal
- Carbs: 10,4 g
- Protein: 2,6 g
- Fat: 7,9 g
- Fiber: 2,2 g
- Soak the cashews in water for about 2 hours before preparation.
- Put the almonds and walnuts in a blending machine and blend into small pieces. Then add the dates until these are small as well. Now add the remaining ingredients for the base and blend for another short moment.
- Put the mixture in a baking mold and flatten it with the back a spoon. Put in the freezer while making the topping.
- Meanwhile start blending the cashews, coconut milk, agave syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest and salt into a firm mixture.
- Take the bottom from the freezer and spread the topping over it. Put it back in the freezer for about an hour.
- When the freezing time is up, take from the freezer and garnish with your favorite ingredients.
- Cut into pieces and you’re ready to enjoy these lovely carrot cake bites!
Top 3 dieting excuses and how to overcome right now